“Diginomics” is a word Wally Wood first coined in 1998 meaning “digital economics.” In 1974, Wally published his first book, Cashless Society: A World Without Money, in which he predicted the evolution of a digital economic system in the 21 century that would oversee every financial transaction. Nearly 10 years later, the Internet went public. ~ Diginomics Central website
“Few people realize that money, in the traditional sense, has met its demise. In its place is an entirely new form of money based, not on metal or paper, but on technology, mathematics, and science. This new megabyte money is creating a new and different world wherever it proceeds.”
~ Joel Kurtzman, The Death of Money (1993)
Presented here are links and features of a growing global trend toward a totally Diginomic World. For even more information, visit TheDiginomicsEra.com.
Today, there’s AmazonGo —
Banking Trends —
- This nearly 11 minute video on YouTube shows the growing commitment to a world where money as we know it is transformed to an all-digital economy “within the next ten years” (2020).
- Introducing UNIQUL – Facial Recognition Payment System
- Killing the Need for Passwords With Biometrics
- “The Future of Money and Mobile Payments” by SapientNitro
- IBM Cashless Commercial – “The Future of e-Business”
- Visa Cashless Commercial
- Mastercard’s Cashless Future – 2012
NATIONS TRENDING TOWARD CASHLESS SOCIETIES:
- South Korea moving towards cashless society (2:27) – April 2017 –
- Denmark heads for cashless society (3:00) – January 2016 –
- Welcome to Cashless Sweden (2:49) – November 2014 –
- Germany Supports Cashless (5:02) – May 2015 –
- What China‘s nearly cashless society looks like (3:19) – October 2017 –
- Going Cashless in India (4:17) – August 2017 –
- Bloomberg: How Close Are We to a Cashless Society? (1:37) – August 2017 –
- Who benefits when a business goes cashless? (2:51) – July 2017 – CBS This Morning –
- The benefits of getting rid of cash (2:00) – September 2014 – The Economist –
- “The Power Of Going Cashless” (2:06) – NBC Nightly News – December 2017 –
David Wolman, author of THE END OF MONEY and contributing editor of WIRED and The Huffington Post, wraps up the concept and trends toward a “friction-free” economy that — eventually — replaces cash altogether with mobile technology …
The information on this and other pages of this website may contain elements of what might be considered to be “copyrighted material.” It is our good faith effort to educate and inform our audience in a transformative manner of what we believe constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Law.
The posting of this material does not constitute an endorsement by this site of the products and services that may be promoted in this material. We share this for information only relative to the topics of this page.