“The realm of the born – all that is ‘nature’ – and the realm of the made – all that is humanly constructed – are becoming one. Machines are becoming biological and the biological is becoming engineered. Technicians are conjuring up contraptions that are at once both made and alive … Our future is technological; but it will not be a world of gray steel. Rather, our technological future is headed toward a neo-biological civilization.”
– Kevin Kelly, founding executive editor, WIRED; from book: “Out of Control” (1994)
“We are rapidly headed toward digital super-intelligence that far exceeds any human. I think it’s pretty obvious.”
– Elon Musk, Apr. 6, 2018, LiveScience.com
- “China introduces the world’s first artificial intelligence anchor”
China Xinhua News; Technology November 8, 2018
“How Humans Are Shaping Our Own Evolution”
“Are we on the way to redefining how we evolve? Does evolution now mean not just the slow grind of natural selection spreading desirable genes, but also everything that we can do to amplify our powers and the powers of the things we make—a union of genes, culture, and technology? And if so, where is it taking us?”
“There are a lot more digital tricks being used today than audiences realize. We all know synthespians are coming. Very soon we will reach a point when we switch on a television or a computer, see an actor or newscaster, and not know if they are flesh and blood and, what’s more, not care.”
– Andrew Niccole – producer/director: Simone, The Truman Show, Gattaca
- Google Duplex AI Assistant makes phone appointments that sound very human-like in every way …
- Celine & Elvis on stage together – American Idol 2013
“Humanizing Artificial Intelligence” (1:00)
Professor Hiroshi Ishiguro – Osaka Univ.
Other Online Sources:
- Are you ready for the impending age of robots?
Apr 25, 2017 / Robin Hanson
- “Would a robot make a better PM (Prime Minister) than a human?”
HR Technology News (Oct. 2, 2018)
- “What will happen when the internet of things becomes artificially intelligent?”
The Guardian (Feb. 20, 2015)
- “All That New Google Hardware? It’s a Trojan Horse for AI”
The information on this and other pages of this website may contain elements of what might be considered to be “copyrighted material.” It is our good faith effort to educate and inform our audience in a transformative manner of what we believe constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Law.
The posting of this material does not constitute an endorsement by this site of the products and services that may be promoted in this material. We share this for information only relative to the topics of this page.